Can Bullzip run on a Windows Network print server ?

Installation and setup related issues.

Moderator: jr

Bob123

Can Bullzip run on a Windows Network print server ?

Post by Bob123 »

Hello,

The only way I see this PDF printer will work is if it is installed locally on a system.

I installed it on 2 print servers of mine in a Windows 2003 domain.

From a desktop that does not have the software installed ---- I connected to both print servers that has the PDF Printer installed. I opened a TIFF document, pointed to the Bullzip printer on my print server and nothing happened.

I can use the PDF printer when I'm physically on the print server, but ---- I can not use it/convert my TIFF to a PDF going across the network, not like printing from a desktop to a network printer.

I also see I can not assign a TCP/IP port to the PDF Printer on my print servers, so ---- it can not communicate.

Any way this software can be used by my users across my LAN if they target the device on the print server, or ----- must they have the software installed on their local desktops. My users all run Windows XP professional SP3

Thanks,
Bob
jr
Site Admin

Re: Can Bullzip run on a Windows Network print server ?

Post by jr »

Hi Bob,

It is not officially supported. However, it should be possible using the directions at the link below.

http://www.biopdf.com/guide/examples/network_sharing/

Keep me posted on your progress.

NOTE: It requires version 7.1.0.1195 or later of the printer. This version was just released.

Best regards,
Jacob
Bob123

Re: Can Bullzip run on a Windows Network print server ?

Post by Bob123 »

Thank you Jacob --- I will work on this and let you know.

Bob